Young Artists’ Ensemble Apprentince Company
Info to Know!!!
Are you ready to take your theater training to the next level?
Who we are: ThinkTank Theatre is Tampa Bay’s professional theatre company dedicated to creating high-quality theatrical productions and programs for our target audience – Tampa Bay’s Young adults and families!
What is the YAE: Our Young Artists’ Ensemble (YAE) is a group of high school students from around the Tampa Bay Area who work with ThinkTank in an apprenticeship capacity. We are specifically looking for talented young performance and production track individuals to serve as members of our YAE Company for the remainder of our 23/24 season and on into our 24/25 season! As a YAE member, you’ll have the opportunity to rehearse, understudy, perform, direct, design, stage manager and so much more alongside those theatre professionals employed in ThinkTank’s Main Stage Productions. There are many incredible experiences that come with being part of the YAE Company, but the most significant is gaining a network of theatre professionals available to mentor you as you venture from high school to beyond
(L to R) YAE Members Julianna Spataro, Grace Grammig and Eve Anton with Cast Member Noa Friedman (C) in our Sept. 2023 production of
Click Image to meet our current YAE Company
YAE Members Adeline Richardson (L),
Sofia Pickford (C) and Kaylee Tupper Miller (R) in our Aug. 2023 production of
Guidelines and other Registration Info for Auditions/Interviews:
Age Requirement: Those auditioning/interviewing must be a current 9th – 12th grader and at least 14 years of age by March 23, 2024.
Audition/Interview: All those participating in the YAE Company Auditions/Interviews should secure an audition/interview time. Auditions/Interviews will take place at Lab Athletics Dance Studio located on MacDill Ave. on March 23, 2024 from 12:00 - 3:00pm. Walk-up slots are not available.
Forms: Those auditioning/interviewing will need to complete a YAE Company Info Form and a Parental Consent Form which can be downloaded at the bottom of this page and will emailed to you after an audition time has been requested. The audition/interview guidelines and what you will need to bring with you to auditions are included in the forms.
Expectation: Each audition/interview will take approximately 15 minutes. When you email for an audition time, please request a time between 12:00 - 1:00pm, 1:00 - 2:00pm or 2:00 - 3:30pm. (You may also say anytime works for you.) If you are unavailable to attend the auditions on March 23rd, you may email and request a virtual audition/interview option. All this information is included in the audition/interview forms below.
Email Contact: Education@ThinkTankTYA.org
Please check out the Frequently Asked Questions Section below.
YAE Member Via Shea (L) and
Cast Member Kayley Jewel (R) in our Jan 2024 production of She Kills Monsters
YAE Members Samantha Bollinger (L), Ryan Pope (C) and Cast Member Randi J. Norman in our Sept 2023 production of The Crucible
YAE Member Jadon Milne at the dress rehearsal for our May 2023
Both Sides of the Bay Cabaret
What happens after your Audition/Interview?
Offers: We will begin making offers to those accepted into the YAE apprenticeship the week of March 25th. If offered a spot, the deadline to accept is by Monday April 8th.
Investment: There is a yearly program fee – $300 – that can be paid in two parts: $150 by April 26th and $150 by May 10th. This yearly investment allows us to cover the cost of insurance and assist with budgeting for YAE members cast in our professional shows and other YAE production opportunities! There is no cost to audition and scholarship opportunities are available.
Performance Opportunities: New YAE members are eligible to be a part of our June Production of You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown, in addition to the remainder of our 23/24 season. We currently have performance dates and opportunities in place from June - August of 2024 and we are in the process of planning our 24/25 season. YAE members have the opportunity to be part of each of these productions and projects! (Click HERE to learn more about our upcoming performances.)
YAE Members Julianna Spataro, Gustavo Perez, Grace Grammig, Jadon Milne, and Samantha Bollinger have a little fun the some of The Crucible cast before a show!
YAE Members, (L to R, Front to Back) Eve Anton, Samantha Bollinger, Reese Paul, Emma Hundley, Adeline Richardson, Kaylee Tupper Miller, Grace Grammig, Julia Grammig, Stella Duncan, Sofia Pickford, Jadon Milne, Noah Perez, Atticus Failes, Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Pope who participated in our May 2023
Both Sides of the bay Cabaret!
YAE Member Ellen Russel (R) assisting Costume Designer and former YAE Member Sofia Pickford (L) as they take measurements of YAE Member Jadon Milne (C) for our
Sept. 2023 production of The Crucible
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When it says the YAE is an apprenticeship, what does that mean? It means we focus on the professional setting. When you come to rehearsals or perform with ThinkTank, you are working as one of our professionals. This is not a classroom type experience by any means. We expect that you will continue educational growth outside of these rehearsal/performance opportunities with classes you might be taking at your school, through other educational theatre programs, or through private study.
- Do I have to be involved in all of ThinkTank’s productions? That’s the beauty of being a company member. If you can be involved, we will make sure you are part of the production; if you can’t be involved, no worries. You still get the all the benefits of being a YAE member and we’ll see you for the next one! Plus, there are lots of ways to be involved in the show from a producing standpoint, as well. We can always use help with house management, social media, working or subbing backstage for a show, etc.
- What will happen in rehearsals and when will they be? We rehearse like other professional companies here in Tampa. For our Main Stage Productions, the commitment is usually 5 to 6 weeks. For a typical production, weeks 1-3 are for rehearsal, week 4 focuses on Tech and Opening Weekend, and weeks 5 and 6 are for the run of the show. Generally our rehearsal schedule week 1 - week 3 is Tuesday - Friday 6:30 – 10:15 pm (if possible, YAE are released early), and Saturdays from 12:00 - 5:00pm. Tech week usually includes lengthier rehearsals, but dates are given well in advance, and we prepare our YAE for the heavier work-load involved in this week. We also have opportunities for Understudy Performances which require some extra rehearsal time on Saturdays and during week 5 to prepare for those performances! Our Cabaret Series and Playwrights Festival have a slightly modified rehearsal schedule and the time commitment is generally 2 to 3 weeks.
- I’m a senior, can I still audition: Absolutely! There is a discount available for those who are seniors, graduating in 2023, who are interested in auditioning.
- I’m an 8th grader, can I audition: Unfortunately, no. All YAE Company Members need to be current high school students. This ensures that all YAE Members will have time to be involved in our program, because our schedule takes into consideration other high school activities that you may be involved in.
- I don’t have a lot of theatre experience can I still audition: Yes! We love young people who have an earnest interest in theatre and what it means to work professionally in this field!
- Can I earn Bright Futures hours through the YAE? Yes, you can! We have guidelines on how to qualify service hours for the time you spend with ThinkTank during a production.
- What if I’m interested in multiple areas? We love when our YAE want to experience multiple production platforms and yes there is opportunity to do so. For your audition/interview you’ll have to select one area – performance or production. During your interview, we can certainly chat about serving in multiple areas and what experiences you might have in each.
YAE Members Stella Duncan, Adeline Richardson and Kaylee Tupper Miller at center with others who took part in our Nov. 2023 performance of the National Reading of
Enough! Plays Against Gun Violence
YAE Member Atticus Failes running the light board for our Oct. 2022 Production of The Lightning Thief: The Percy Jackson Musical.